Job Ref.: 5382
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Role: Accounting / Finance / Billing / Collections
Relocation Available: No
Salary / Package: Based on qualifications.
Town / City: Waverly
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The primary task of accountants, which extends to all the others, is to support accurate preparation and examination financial records. Accountants perform overviews of the financial operations of a business to help it run efficiently.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Make best-practices recommendations to management
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits
- Provide auditing services for businesses and individuals
- Job Costings – Reconcile Hours worked – calculate efficiencies against paid hours
- Corporate Credit Card management – Summarize Charges for Field personnel, prepare GL entry based on expenses, follow up with users to obtain missing receipts, report on missing items.
- Work-In-Process – reconcile G/L to Epicor system, manage un-booked costs for completed jobs, close jobs after all cost posted.
- Manage Petty Cash for site
- Report to leadership on Cycle Count inventory progress and manage program
- Support purchase to pay cycle and suggest opportunities for improvement
- Support Payroll Site Management
- Calculate allocation for Utilities to tenants.
- Manage Standard Costs for Mobile Equipment and evaluate Purchase Price Variances (PPV)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- Experience with Epicor is a plus as well as mechanical aptitude.