Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer the Internal Auditor will conduct audits on multiple departments, oversee J-SOX and corporate compliance testing aimed at determining the effectiveness of accounting, financial and operational controls. Assess the extent of compliance with company policies and procedures and ascertain the degree to which assets are safeguarded. Determine the reliability of management data, and identifying significant control weaknesses along with recommending improvements and corrective actions to management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the entire audit function of the organization to include many departments within the organization. ·Responsible for executing fieldwork, assuring controls, identifying issues, and developing recommendations to improve internal controls, reporting and financial performance.
- Assist with annual and audit-specific planning and risk assessment activities.
- Review and assess complex issues, analyze programs and activities, arrive at logical conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions to operating management.
- Identify, communicate and resolve any issues that arise as a result of the internal audit with responsible operating management.
- Prepare and present formal reports to management that document the purpose and scope of audits; defects in internal control and root causes; recommendations and corrective action plans; operating management’s response; and required follow-up.
- Maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management within the facilities
- Awareness of ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Must have thorough knowledge of accounting and internal control concepts and processes.
- Must have thorough knowledge of internal control concepts and auditing techniques including data analytics.
- Must possess the ability to understand and evaluate business processes, systems and controls, identify weaknesses and practical recommended actions, and communicate them.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills are a requirement, including good written and oral communications as well as the ability to work well with people on teams. Understanding of how the organization functions is important.
- Must possess strong abstract analytical and problem solving skills.
- Position requires some travel within the United States.
- If not already obtained, encouraged to obtain internal audit related certifications.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Certified Internal Auditor, preferred
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP
- Excellent analysis, presentation and report writing skills ·Strong experience in MS Office software
- Three years of related auditing experience.