The Interoperability and Integration Engineer will work with modern technologies in the integration with our customers’ systems; driving mission critical data acquisition and ingestion programs that fuel successful partnerships with our clients and helping to unlock the massive potential of data exchange, interfaces and applications.
Role Composition & Key Responsibilities
- Deliver customer value in the form of stable, predictable, and complete Interoperability and Integration programs that provide the fuel for all analytics and processing
- Provide data and process integrity to our core systems
- Identify automation opportunities and design and implement solutions to eliminate manual efforts associated with data imports, SFTP transfers, RESTful API integrations and related processes
- Establish workflows and controls for monitoring key metrics associated with and related to system processing performance
- Partner with and provide consultative support to operations service delivery and implementation teams for the rapid onboarding of new clients and smooth supply of data for downstream processing
- Coordinate with client-side IT staff to implement required protocols and interfaces while providing as hassle-free of an experience as possible for our customers
- Hands-on implementation, connectivity deployment, and monitoring and support
- Independently source opportunities for process improvement, efficiencies, and optimization of integration capabilities
- Provide interoperability subject matter expertise to the organization on work related to data elements, data exchange, and new data interfaces
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and systems architecture
- Independently source opportunities for process improvement, efficiencies, and optimization of application capabilities
- Provide interoperability subject matter expertise to the organization on work related to application and data elements.
- Experience taking a Application leadership role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to satisfied customers
- Ability to develop Application best practices across a product development team
- Analyze, design, and coordinate the development of software systems to form the basis for the solution of complex processing opportunities.
- Analyze Application system specifications and translate systems requirements to task specifications.
- Complete Application code reviews and document code consistently throughput the development process.
Capability Expansion and New Initiative Development
- Scale processes and systems to meet growing data demands of the business
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data to enrich current work routines and in support of the development of new operations workflows and/or new service offerings
- Identify automation opportunities and partner with product development team to implement the same
- Help establish the interoperability and integration strategy for broader data use and the expansion of bilateral data interfaces with our customers
- Develop solutions to key business problems and support the roll-out of new capabilities
- Build cross-functional relationships with key business stakeholders
- Represent the company and its Interoperability and Integration objectives externally as needed in a way that underscores value contribution to our overall efforts on behalf of customers
- Develop an Interoperability and Integration center-of-excellence service delivery model to align with and exceed expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Share business and technical Interoperability and Integration knowledge and insights with the larger technical organization
Essential Education, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of Interoperability, integration and development experience
- 5+ years of automation experience with enterprise tools and platforms
- Experience in hospital or other healthcare IT settings and strong familiarity with industry standard data sets including HL7 v2.x, HL7 v3.0, FHIR, X12 837/835
- Experience with Enterprise interface engines such as Cloverleaf, Cleo, PilotFish, Mirth
- Experience working with data science teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with ETL and T-SQL creating and implementing rules-based processes
- Strong experience with MongoDB and Lucene-based search engines such as SOLR
- Strong familiarity with the development, design, and maintenance of relational databases
- Business process and workflow mapping skills with BPMN
- Understanding of performance monitoring activities for mission critical business processes
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing needs and scope of work
- Superior problem solving and negotiation skills
- Articulate, well-spoken, and thoughtful
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
To apply for this job please visit www.eramirez.com.